6.04.2010

Favorite things of the week!!

Happy  happy June fellow Earthlings!

Here are some favorites I've been compiling for a while:

All I can wonder about while I look at this is: Why the hell didn't I have one of these as a child? Via io9.


Here's a brilliant piece of modern DIY gardening with succulents! I hope to devise some massively awesome succulent planter for my new place. They're a little pricey, but they are so excellent! From Apartment Therapy!




Soft serve robot. Amazing. Advertisement for Amp. There may be nothing more gratifying than licking free soft serve ice cream off of a Macbook in a cubicle jungle. It's so primal, I love it. Glorious? Yes.

Stand by Me. A film I haven't seen in a while. but one that's always sort of stuck with me. If you haven't seen it, I do recommend it.



I've stumbled across a lot of baking/cooking blogs, but none are quite as awesome as They Draw and Cook. Recipe cards all done up all fancy-like! There are so many different artists and so many different recipes! There is nothing better, I am sure of this. I highly recommend a good browse around this site!

Favorite non-internet found things of the week:


Science fiction novels! I had sort of forgotten about them (despite my shelf of mostly unread novels, glaring at me as I sleep every night), and picked up Old Man's War by John Scalzi. The first few pages had me hooked and I finished it in a couple of days! I had to order the next one despite my dwindling funds. Old people sign up for the army, which doesn't really make sense, until they tell you that the army is located in space and they make all of the old people 'young again'. It's sort of an awesome combination of Avatar (the parts with plot) and the Vietnam War. Pretty delicious. I highly recommend it. Currently I'm up to my eyebrows in Dune by Frank Herbert.


The television series Californication! As I've been burning through X-Files seasons faster than I can buy them, I decided to explore David Duchovny's other work. I didn't really know what this show was about, but ten minutes into the first episode, I  knew I would love this show. Duchovny plays Hank, a pretty washed up writer living in L.A., his book having been turned into a Hollywood fluff piece, he spends his time loathing his ex-girlfriend's new fiancee and banging any lady who would bat an eyelash at him. It's a wonderful, cynical series - plus it's Showtime.

Anyways, another photo heavy post from yours truly. Be safe and always remember:
(sorry, I don't have a photo credit for this one - !)

No comments:

Post a Comment