5.19.2010

Mother's Day flower

My mom came to visit for my film interview on the 7th and it was pretty close to Mothers Day, so I made her this felt flower, which I then pinned onto a large planter that I filled with dahlias, bacopa, marigolds and this weird cascading yellow leafed plant. I neglected to take a photo of it because she arrived an hour earlier than I expected her to and things were... shall we say, rushed. Haha.

This flower turned out alright from the front, but it's a mess from the back. The petals needed a lot of work to keep them in place.

Mom and I went on some great adventures. We went whale watching in Steveston (didn't see any whales, but it was a nice 4 hours out on the open sea!), had an amaaazing encounter at the Vancouver Aquarium with the belugas Kavna and Imaq, saw Iron Man 2, had a great dinner at the Tea House at Stanely Park and - the best part - I got into my film program! It's hard to express how fantastic I feel about this. It's this elation that sort of comes and goes, and will do so until September, when I am actually beginning the course. My family and friends have given me an outrageous amount of support and I thank them!

Ontop of getting into the program, I've got myself lined up to move into a delicious basement suite at the end of June. There will certainly be photographs of the move and the space itself!

Anyways, here's a picture of Kavna (THE beluga whale Raffi wrote 'Baby Beluga' about) giving me a kiss.

And here's just an upload of some video footage I've taken the past while. Not much, unfortunately. But I hope to get out a little more with the beast this summer.

Some adventures. from Laurel Brown on Vimeo.

Anyways, as you can see, I've got a lot to catch up on, post wise. There's been so much going on! My roll of 16mm I shot a few weeks ago should be arriving back all printed and processed this week, so I'll be sure to do an update about that when it happens. I've got TONS of things I love this week to update with, haha.

Hope everyone's having a great May!

No comments:

Post a Comment