5.24.2010

My garden!

It's sort of a pathetic garden, but I like it. Whatever.

This is the deal I've got going on my patio.


What my plants look down over each and every day!



My mix pot of sweet peas, coleus, pansies and violas.


Strawberry plant!


One of my younger micro tom tomato plants.


My oldest micro tom tomato plant!


With blossoms and everything! It actually has the beginnings of wee tomatoes on it this week! EXCITING!


Brandywine tom's leaves. These fellows don't seem to be growing like they're supposed to, so I don't know if they'll end up bearing fruit or not. I guess we'll see!


Now here are some lovely photos of my numerous pea plants. I love the little curly vines! So whimsical! Hence the excessive number of photographs.











Some miscellaneous lettuce! I grew these from one of those mixed packages - mesclluns I think they were called. Looking tasty!


And here is a dear roving spider I found fiddling around in my pea plants.


I like his smallness and yellowness.






As I wait for my patio garden to burst forth with flowers and rainbows and unicorns, I have completed the Three Sisters Feltie someone had special ordered with me, and that will be shipped out on Tuesday I think. I've also got most of a new creature finished, he should be up on etsy by tomorrow evening.

The weather's been a little hormonal here lately and I've been so exhausted after work I can't get much done, but I haven't worked this much since last summer! So I guess it's something to get used to aaall over again. I'll be starting to pack this week, moving in just over a month! Needless to say I'm excited. My parents are foraging garage sales back in Alberta for me.

When June hits I hope to be a little more active with film and video. I finally got my 16mm print back from Niagara Custom Labs in Toronto Ontario. They did a marvellous job and they're absolutely great (if anyone's looking for developing to get done). I hope to take a video of it being projected soon so I can post it. It's not much, just some wandering around by the creek here. Some footage of slugs and flowers and the like. But I sure do love shooting with film. It's just so material! You can hold it in your hands, hold it up to the light, comprehend it. Compared to video, which is abstract, full of 1's and 0's... I just wish film didn't burn numerous holes in my wallet! Oh well...

I hope everyone is having a great week - bon soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment