2.27.2010

Books books, lovely books!

Last night I just finished reading this tasty little mystery by Alan Bradley, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. It was recommended to me when I was working at Cafe Books by a coworker! This book is just quirky enough for me to love it. The character of Flavia de Luce is an 11 year old chemist, enthralled with the art of poisons and chemical compounds. She's clever and sneaky, but can she solve the murder of Buckshaw and prove her father's innocence?

Anyways, this is a super fantastic book for anyone who's looking for a fairly quick read filled with old fashioned alchemy and the rich writing style that Alan Bradley has. The next book, The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag is due out this March!!

Check out the Flavia de Luce fanclub!

In other news, I'm just sewing away at my mother's belated birthday present. Close to being done, it has been a frustrating one. I just hope the end result turns out better than I expect! Pictures to be posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment