2.28.2010

Completed penguin iPod case!

So here's the completed iPod case for my mom. See the work-in-progress post here. It took a long time to figure out how everything would fit together. The clasp mechanism (aka embroidery floss and button) ended up being pretty useless, but I don't really have the gusto to redo it. It would have been a lot better if I just did a fastener like the thread around the button (like those legal envelopes!) but I only thought of that after. I did get that puffy look in all of the penguins as I wanted. There are lots of layers on that back pannel! The adult penguin was 4 layers, the baby was 5. The ice at the bottom isn't as 'icey' as I wanted it to look. It was supposed to be sort of a cross section of the ice, but it looked a lot better on paper. It's also a little too wide for an iPod, but I couldn't really fix that by the time I figured that out! I think I just thought about this project WAY to hard, haha. Anyways, here are the pictures.

The back of the case!


Close up of the lovely penguins. Who I actually thought came out quite well.

Embroidered 'mom'. I tried to do something cool with it, but since I didn't really plan it out before I started sewing, it sort of turned out... lacklustre.

The back clasp thing. The loop of thread goes over the button. It's just a fidgety way of doing things.

iPod peeking!

iPod and front of case.

iPod and back of case.


Next project: my DAD's belated birthday present. I'm planning one of those fabric coffee cup sleeves with something cool on it. Not too sure what yet. It might be flames, it might be bikes, it might be Kermit the Frog. Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment