3.03.2010

Gardening!

Oh how I love it! Even if it is limited to windowsills and bookshelves, it is definitely one of my favorite hobbies I've picked up since being in Vancouver.



Microtomatoes! Someday.

A quartet of Strawberries! These ones grow in a bush rather than on runners. I hope these bear fruit! I would love to have granola with home grown strawberries this summer!



Joyous lupins!

Coleus!

Sunflower Duet

Sweetpea Duet!

Pansies!

This is an amazing succulent I picked up at RONA a couple weeks ago. It's super awesome and it's grown a lot already! A couple pieces fell out into a hanging basket on its transport home. Today I was picking out the pieces and discovered they had rooted! So I've tried planting them in two jars and put one in my frog tank to see if they take! See a picture below.

My disfigured Brandywine tomato. Unfortunately my only sprout left of the originals I planted. Two didn't fare well after It transplanted them to bigger pots. This one was a little later in sprouting than the other two and sort of got stuck in the seed on its way up, hence its weird leaves.

Parsley! It started to grow a LONG time after I planted the seed, but now it's going a long at a happy pace!

Basil!

One of the first sunflowers I planted! I love how tall it is! Grow taller, I say!

Another Basil plant!

My newly transplanted Lupin as of today. I hope it takes. It has been looking a little sad since I transplanted it.

Fernleaf Dill!

Nightstocks!

Another newly transplanted Lupin! This one is looking MUCH happier than the other one.

The set up in the hallway. The sun hits it most of the afternoon (when it isn't raining that is). I have found its going rather well, other than my tomatoes. I spritz the plants a few times a day and a bunch of the seeds I have sprouted and some of my transplants are doing quite well.

Trying to grow Honey Box Eucalyptus. 'Trying' being the key word there.

One of the bits of the succulent that fell off of the original plant. I planted one in a plastic pot, in my room, one in a glass jar in the hallway, and one in my frog tank.

The plants that need a little more love: Chinese lantern snapdragons, Brandywine toms and micro toms. I've had a lot of trouble with the snapdragons. They just don't like to grow! This is actually my last seed, there weren't many in the pouch. So this plant is my last chance! I'd really like it to grow so that I can put it in my hanging basket. I'm trying these tomatoes in an cardboard egg carton. They are more liable to dry out, but I spritz them a couple times a day. If its chilly I place them on top of my fishtank light, which is slightly warm.

I do apologize for the huge number of pictures, but I do like photographing plants!! Yee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment